4.14.2011

Getting started!

Other parts of my state woke up to snow this morning, we just had lots and lots of wind!  (Which is normal for spring here.)

My husband build another raised bed for me, so we now have three 4ft.x8ft. raised beds!  He also built a trellis for my raspberries last month.  They are finally starting to get tall and were all bent over last summer, so the birds got to enjoy most of the raspberries before we could get to them.  Now they have a wonderful trellis to grow on.  I even found 6 new little plants starting to grow this year!

One of my raised beds has strawberries in it and they are waking up from winter.  The other two don't have anything in them yet.  My son and I planted peas today on two trellises that are next to one of the raised beds.  It was too windy and a little chilly to get much else done! 

The two younger kids enjoyed digging in the dirt with me, though, the other day.  The youngest discovered the fun of mud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments kind and considerate!