4.04.2011

The Beginning of The Growing Season!

Where I live, it is the beginning of the growing season.  I am a beginning gardener, but I had a lot of success last year with my garden.  Perhaps I was lucky, maybe I actually did something right, who knows!  So this year, I am taking the time to plan my garden and grow things that I will be able to use to feed my family.

I was lucky enough to have a blackberry bush planted at my house when I moved in 5 years ago.  The first summer we got tons of blackberries.  Every year since then, I haven't had that much of a crop.  I am thinking of adding another blackberry plant this year.  My kids love to eat them right off the bush.

We are trying to landscape and add some things to our backyard, so my garden starting is getting a little stalled.  We need to turn some dirt and move a raised bed before I can actually plant anything for this season, but my strawberries are waking up and I am sure in a few months I will have plenty of strawberries!

My 5 year old and I started some seeds indoors (zucchini, eggplant, pumpkin & watermelon).  He also started some sunflowers at school that are waiting to go outside as well.  The zucchini plants are starting to blossom so they need to go outside soon!  Hopefully this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments kind and considerate!